Sunday, August 21, 2011

Woot! Beads in the mail

My beads arrived today! Needless to say I immediately tore into the package.

I'm glad I used scissors to open it up because Terry had done a lovely job in packing the beads and had sent a very nice note.

Here is what the package looked like:


Inside there was not one package of beads, but TWO! 


Isn't the furry circle unique? I've never seen anything quite like it before. With that bold gold checking it reminds me of Gloria Swanson. Now I wonder... would you wear it with the fur showing, to be daring, or with the fur turned inward against your skin? hmmmm
I like the way the wood and turquoise colored bead work together.  Normally I'd pull out some leather cording for something like this, but maybe I'll use bronze chain instead.
Must think, must think.


Then there is the pink package. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was - a Victorian choker, with soft silk ribbons. I wonder if I should use the silver clasp to depend the focal bead? Definitely need to use the seed beads for little splashes of light.

I'm so excited!  Time to get to work.

2 comments:

yvonne enger said...

That is very cool. I have never made a anything with beads.

Pretty Things said...

OH how nice to get two sets! Have fun!